Getting Traffic on Your Blog
Now we are getting to the most important part.
Traffic equals money. The more traffic you get to your blog, the more money you will make through Google AdSence.
If you don't spend money on boosting/advertising your posts, Facebook hides it from most of your followers, and only about 10% get an update. (!) Can you believe it?! So, you need to spend your own money to boost posts to make sure all your followers can read them. It can cost anything from 5 to 100 or more dollars; 5 dollars per post is the minimum. So, start saving money to boost your posts. :)
Remember, in Part 1 I asked you to set up a Group on FB? Now its time to put it to work.
First, you have to make a title of your post very appealing so people want to click on it. Make a tagline short and very descriptive. A sense of humor goes a long way.
Second, find a nice picture that goes with your post. Pictures are VERY important. A decision to click or skip the post is based 50 per cent on the appeal of the picture.
1. Create a blog post on your website. Make sure it is live (published).
Important: you are going to boost the post from your blog so you will use the same image and the same title. Make sure that the image is PG rated, meaning there should be no provocative poses, partial nudity, making out, etc. on the picture. Also make sure that your title does not have any profanity. FB is VERY strict about it and they will not approve your promotion. Unfortunately, you won't be able to edit the ad image, text, video or links after its posted. If you need to change any of those, you have to delete your boost and create a new one.
This is no fun, because you already have people talking about your post and sharing it, and then you have to delete and re-post it and loose all your initial interest. This happened to me few times. FB approved the picture on one of my viral posts and then 3 days later, after the post was doing great, they stop the promotion and I was not able to do anything about it. I think that someone complained to FB about my post (yes, people can do it). :( So, I lost a lot of money because FB found my picture to be inappropriate. I was never be able to promote this post.
2. Post the link of this post to all your social media - FB group, twitter, instagram, pintrest, etc.
3. Wait a few hours before boosting a post on FB. Comment on every comment, like it, invite people that liked your post to like your page. FB promotes the post better if there was some activity before the boost.
4. By waiting, you are creating organic traffic, and for this you get points on FB so it will cost you less to promote your post. Also, the more reactions you get to your post, FB sends it to more people.
5. Now its time to boost your post. First do it the easy way, just by clicking on the button 'Boost' next to your post. For some posts you need to create a customized FB boost.
6. Do not promote your Twitter posts. They are VERY expensive. Just post your links on twitter without promoting.
7. Do not just post the links to your blog posts on FB. You need to post engaging posts once in a while - pictures, statuses, jokes. Anything without the links. FB gives you points for this. Do not post more than 3 times a day on your FB Group page - people don't like to be bombarded with content.
Good luck! :)