My secrets for setting up successful blog are set out in the following steps:
Step 1: Creating Presence on Social Media using your FB Group Page, twitter and instagram
Step 2: Choosing the right hosting company
I am a blogger with more than six million views and a growing audience from all over the world. I spent a lot of time learning about blogging, marketing and creating a presence on social media and the world wide web. Most of my traffic comes from social media, and some from specific word searches on google, yahoo, etc. (for example: divorce, anxiety, depression, etc.)
So, lets start from the beginning. I hope that you already found a blog theme that you are passionate about, otherwise this article is not for you. :)
You need to have enough passion about your blog theme so you will be happy to blog about it every day, or at least 5 times a week. Otherwise your blog will not be visited by many people because people like to see new content every day or at east several times a week. So, before you start, make sure that you are able to devote sufficient time to make your blog successful. I see the scenario very often where a blogger starts posting for a couple of months and than gets tired of writing or stops posting because they do not see a lot of traffic or monetary results right away.
Remember, that you are creating a business, and it takes time and patience to succeed. Give yourself at least 6 months to generate real results both in terms of visitors and ad revenue. Don't quit! Just keep posting and your work will pay off. I promise. :)
OK. Lets start looking into how you can create a blog that will bring you money! :)
Step 1: Creating Presence on Social Media
Very important FB rule: you must be at least 18 years old to start your FB Group.
1. Write at least 10 articles, posts or collection of videos, jokes, pictures, etc., before you start posting them to FB.
2. Create a group Facebook page where you will post your content (remember these 10 posts?). To do this you need to go to your personal Facebook and Create Group in Groups (Left side bar on Facebook). The name of the group should represent what you will be posting about. Make sure that this group is Public.
3. Create accounts on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Linked In and use the same name that you used for the Facebook Group. This is the name by which your fans will know you.
Very important: Join several Facebook groups that share the same interests as you.
4. Start posting and invite as many friends to your group as you can. Post short status updates and photos along with large posts. These activities are very important for FB Group Page visibility. Yes, I was surprise myself when I learned it.
Do not post more than 3 posts/updates a day. Your followers will find it annoying :)
For business articles make sure that you post on Linked In in their groups that you joined previously.
5. Every time someone new likes your post on Facebook, go to the "Like" sign (thumb up) below the post, click on it and invite this person to like your page.
6. Keep posting and inviting people.
7. Do it until you have at least 5,000 followers on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
8. Only after you reach this number you are ready to spend money and buy hosting services to create your own blog.
Step 2: Choosing the right hosting company
First you need to think about your blog domain name. This name will represent your blog throughout social media. To check if domain is available you can go to many sites. I used the GoDaddy service. The domain name can be the same or similar to your Group Page name.
The domain name and your blog name can by slightly different. For example, my blog name is annabashedly and my domain is annabash.com. I shortened it for convenience.
Do not get too obsessed with domain name because people just click on the content. Most of the time they don't even know what the domain name was that they clicked on. If they like the article/picture/video - they will click on the link to get to the website.
I advise not to buy a domain before you get ready to start posting on your blog because most of hosting services let you buy a domain name through them as a package deal. If you buy a domain name through a third party that will not be your hosting service, a transfer of the domain to your eventual hosting service could be complicated and usually will take 60 days or more as the registering company will lock your domain for this period. This means that you can not start using your domain before the 60 day lock period is over.
The reason I do not advise bloggers to spend money on hosting and domain as a first step is because you do not know if your content will be successful at first. You need to test run your blog posts trough social media first to determine if it will catch on and be worth spending the money on domain name and hosting services.
It is strongly recommended that you do not use free blog services if you want to make money using your blog. Usually free blog services come with advertising from the company who hosts these free blogs and you will end up having too many adds on your page. Also, you will not have many choices to customize the look and feel of your blog.